An introduction to fascinating subjects,
people, and places.
You too may become a dilettante. It is not boring.



From Jacksonville Beach, FL

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Defending my honor

     Some people consider a "dilettante" flighty and incapable, and there might be an element of truth in this.  I'll go with the flighty.  Even though I have moved from subject to subject. I have learned something about each one.  Moving like a bee from flower to flower has its virtues. I have greeted each new venture with enthusiasm and excitement.  This has kept me from 
becoming stale.  I don't want to be like some of my friends who are afraid to try anything new or even to let a new idea enter their heads.  Being a dilettante has kept me youthful.  


Read "In Defense of Dilettantes" from Liverputty.  You'll have to agree dilettantism has advantages:



No comments:

Post a Comment