An introduction to fascinating subjects,
people, and places.
You too may become a dilettante. It is not boring.



From Jacksonville Beach, FL

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I bid, No Trump

         In the light of recent events, whether he runs or not, wins or loses, for me, Donald Trump will always be a buffoon.  His demands for President Obama to publicly reveal the long form of his birth certificate is just this side of ludicrous. Then when it was publicly published, he changed his argument to deride Mr. Obama's schooling complaining that we haven't seen his grades.  Personally, I'd like to see Mr. Trump's grades if he decides to run for President.  I have to side with those who say the demands are mostly based on racism.  The implication is that Mr. Obama shouldn't be President because he is not American, and that he was accepted into Harvard because of his race, not his qualifications.
       Mr. Trump, I thought better of you.  You seem like an intelligent man.  Ahh, maybe you are using the devious side of your intelligence.  Perhaps you are trying to dazzle the voting public with razzmatazz before you throw your own hat into the ring.  I prefer to believe that's the case rather than to believe you are sincere in your charges.  There are always a large number of non-thinking people willing to accept the beliefs of a television celebrity, entrepreneur, and wealthy man such as yourself.  You have probably influenced a few gullible souls, but most of us just find you comical.  I won't make another hair joke, but if your remarks were made less flamboyantly and with less flowing of hair, we could take you more seriously.
       My views are, of course, influenced by my life-long status as a voting Democrat.  I voted for Mr. Obama and I will vote for him again.  He has weaknesses as does any office holder, but he is honest, sincere, and I think he is doing the very best he can in spite of criticism and stubborn resistance from members of the House.  Mr. Trump, on the other hand, is a showboat.
    

      

No comments:

Post a Comment